Vállaj



www.magyartelepulesek.hu





e-önkormányzat
Normál változat

A falu fekvése, természeti adottságai

Vállaj története

Műemlék jellegű falu

A falu ékessége

Alapítvány

Programok

Deutsch

In English

Egyház

Civil szervezetek

Közintézmények

Önkormányzatok, Polgármesteri Hivatal

Az önkormányzat intézményei

Nyilvántartások

Közérdekű hirdetések

PÁLYÁZATI KIÍRÁS

Mérk-Vállaj ÁMK hírei

Testületi ülések jegyzőkönyvei

Szervezeti és Működési Szabályzat

Az önkormányzat rendeletei

Szerződések





 

The Hungarian village of Vállaj is situated 67 kilometers southeast of the Hungarian town Nyíregyháza. This area is part of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county located in the northeast corner of Hungary. In 2003, Vállaj had 1050 inhabitants. The number of houses in the community was 430. The village is close to the border between Hungary and Rumania that crosses this area in an East to West direction at the River Kraszna.

The geographical area is situated on the boundary between the moderately warm and moderately cold climatic zones. Its flora is primarily characterized by wattles, but one finds plenty of oaks in the area, too. Some pines and poplars are also found around the village. The open vegetation associations include sandy barren-meadows and tussocks, but sedges and purple marshlocks are also present. The area is covered by meadow soils and moldy sand.

Approachability:
Take Road #471 (a minor road) from the turnout (exit) at Nyírbátor. The village of Vállaj is connected with the town Mátészalka via train service. Direct train service to the village is not available; the closest train station is located in the village of Ágerdõmajor.

The etymology of the village name Vállaj is unknown. One possibility is that this name stems from a proper name. It is speculated that this proper noun might be rooted in the Hungarian village name “váll” and was created by adding a suffix to it.

According to some sources, the village was founded by the Gut-Keled genus. If this is true, the community here was probably established at the end of the 12th century. The first written record from 1335 mentions this village as the property of the Gut-Keled genus. At that time, the village already had a church. In 1354, the village belonged to the monastery of Sásvár that also belonged to the Gut-Keled genus. As an accessory to the manor of Ecsed, this area shared the history of the estates of the Hungarian noble families Báthori and Rákóczi. In 1711, it was confiscated from the Rákóczi family and thus belonged to the treasury. In 1746, the area was bought by Ferenc Károly. The new owner brought Krauts to the area to increase the population. The Catholic Kraut church was built in 1771. In 1749, approximately 40 Kraut masters were present in the area, while there were only 9 or 10 Hungarian barnyards in and around the village.

The village that was settled by Krauts in the 18th century continued to strongly preserve its cultural insularity even after the turn of the 19th-20th century. However, the assimilation of the population to the environmental cultures has already started with great intensity.

During the 19th century, the village of Vállaj was envied by its neighbours due to its richness and its efficient economy. Until 1945, the village belonged to the Károlyi family. Between the two world wars, a border crossing point was operated between the Hungarian village Vállaj and the Rumanian village of Csanálos.

Following WWII, some 214 people from the village were deported for “malenkij robot” to the Soviet Union. 44 of them did not return. During WWII, 105 people from the village of Vállaj died.

Currently, the village of Vállaj has a politically independent major. All 7 members of the people holding electoral mandates in the village are independent.

Art relics and tourist attractions in the village

* The structure of the village is unique in the country. The layout of streets in the village was determined in 1747 and has not changed since; the enlargement of the settlement was achieved by opening up new streets rather than changing the old setup.
* The eclectic-style church (architect: Ernõ Foerk); the church is an art relic.
* The village has approximately 100 huge barns with porches.


The village is close to the River Kraszna where flyfishing opportunities are available. One of the major fishes in the area is the pike.

Our village is beautiful. Please come and visit us !!!

 

 


weboldal készítésVállaj Község Önkormányzatának hivatalos honlapja